LIBRARY OF HUNTSVILLE FIRST METHODIST CHURCH
The Church Library is a part of the educational ministry of this church, supporting all aspects of the church’s programs. It strives to provide materials to support the study of God’s word, Sunday School Classes, Bible Study Classes, Christian living, Church growth, Church history, Wesley materials, missions, devotional books, videos, women’s DVD studies, Christian fiction, United Methodist Women Reading Program and materials, Church Book Club selections, Worship Services on CD, and magazines. The Juvenile Collection is for Elementary School age children. The Early Childhood Collection is for children, birth through 2nd Grade. We have an increasing collection for Youth. Books are on the computer catalog available for patrons’ use with the capacity to print bibliographies for patrons.
- Members and their families may check out materials according to library procedures. Non-members may check out materials with permission of Librarian or Staff after completing an information card.
- Materials are checked out for two (2) weeks with the option to renew unless there is a waiting list. Leaders will be granted longer periods of time. Individuals will be notified when a book is returned by signing the Reserve Book List.
- Users are expected to return materials on time.
Wednesday 2:00 – 4:00 (Librarian)
Sunday 8:00 – 12:15 (Librarian 9:20 -10:00)
During other Church Office Hours: (8:00 – 4:00) – Stop by the Receptionist’s desk. You may call the Church Receptionist (256/539-5738, ext. 0) or Librarian (Home - 256/534-3228) for special help / appointments. The Library phone is 256/ 539-5738, Ext. 238. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOCUS ON BOOKS
- My Story, My Song by Lucimarian Roberts and Robin Roberts
(Good Morning, America)
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young
Interrupted: Relearning the Essentials of Faith by Jan Hatmaker
- Recollections of an Old Man: Seventy Years in Dixie, 1827-1897
by Rev. David Sullins
DVD's For Summer Group or Individual Study
- Fireproof Your Marriage (Study Kit)
- Drawing Women Closer to the Heart of God with Beverly LaHaye
- The Hurried Woman Syndrome with Dr. Catherine Hart Weber
- Wesley - A Heart Transformed Can Change the World
- Islam: Empire of Faith
- Loving Well by Beth Moore (Study Kit)
- The Inheritance by Beth Moore (Study Kit)
- Rediscovering God in America
- The Dead Sea Scrolls: Unlocking the Secrets of the Scriptures
- Master Your Balance with Whitnye Lolley