We are blessed with having a Stephen Ministry team here at Huntsville First United Methodist Church. Stephen Ministry is a caring ministry where specially trained congregation members, provide one-on-one, confidential Christian care to those experiencing a life challenge or crisis.
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister may be found in the spectrum of caregivers between acquaintances and friends, and your pastor or professional caregivers.
Stephen Ministers Are…
- Lay Caregivers
- Distinctively Christian Caregivers
- Part of an interdependent family of caregivers
- One-on-one caregivers
Stephen Ministers Are Not…
- Clinical Specialists
- Spiritual Directors
- People in recovery
- Best friends
- Paid caregivers
Who needs a Stephen Minister?
We all experience challenges in life – times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as…
- terminal illness
- chronic illness
- death of a loved one
- separation or divorce
- child birth or adoption, miscarriage, infertility
- unemployment or a job crisis
- loneliness or discouragement
- spiritual crisis
- aging or taking care of the elderly
- moving to or from the community, relocation
- family member’s incarceration
- recovery after an accident or disaster
- military deployment
How can I refer someone to a Stephen Minister?
If you know someone who is hurting and in need of Christian care, choose one of these options to refer that person to Stephen Ministry…
Find a Stephen Minister. We will have ministers available after most church services.
Please find one of us to get information on how to refer someone.
Call us. You can leave a voicemail for the Stephen Minister Referral Coordinator by calling the main church phone number (256-539-5738).
Remember confidentiality is key. All conversations, emails and voicemails are kept confidential!
How do I become a Stephen Minister?
- Complete an application (add link).
- Submit the application via email (add link to email) or print the application and give it to a Stephen Minister after your church service.